Friday, December 11, 2009

My Name


What does my name mean? Does my name mean me? My name is Alayna Christela Parsons-Valles. My first name originally means fair one, but to me it means fun, it means laughter. It is like the number fourteen, it is a bright color. It is the sound of children growing, growing up strong. Nobody in my family has ever had my name. I am the first. Who will be the second?My middle name means strange. It means ugly. It means rain falling; it is like a baby crying. It is like the number zero, it is a gray color. It is nothing, it is nothing to me. It is my grandmother’s middle name to. She loves her middle name. She loves her name like she loves her kids. To her the name sings and dances around her. My grandmother loves her middle, but I do not. My Last name means mixture. It is like the number one-hundred, it is a rainbow of colors. My name has been in both my families for years and years, but now I carry the both the names of my ancestors. It is like Mexicans and Americans dancing together, it is different combining. My name. Is that what my name means? Fun, strange, and mixture. Yes. That is what my name means

No comments:

Post a Comment